We are CalmWave, a fully remote company focused on disrupting healthcare by providing data-driven solutions for patients and providers. CalmWave’s Operations Health AI platform captures, analyzes, and synthesizes real-time hospital data (vital signs, labs, orders, findings, etc.) to improve patient outcomes, optimize hospital operations, and enhance staff retention. CalmWave takes inspiration from hard-won lessons learned in Enterprise IT to improve Operations Health and efficiency for hospitals of all sizes.
- Build and maintain the backend using Ruby and Rails
- Write and support database scripts using PostgreSQL
- Contribute to the design and implementation of scalable, high-availability, and low-latency systems that leverage AI to improve healthcare outcomes
- Collaborate with the team to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Deploy and manage applications using Docker and AWS (ECS, Cloudformation)
- Solid understanding of Ruby, Rails, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker and AWS (ECS, Cloudformation)
- Knowledge of Terraform is desired but not required
- Experience in Healthcare internet of things (aka Medical IoT) is preferred but not required.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Electronic Health Records (e.g. HL7) is preferred but not required.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
- Passion for using technology to make a difference in the world, particularly in healthcare
We offer excellent benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and more. If you are a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for healthcare and technology and are looking to join a growing company dedicated to making a positive impact in the world, please submit your application here.